Google+

Thursday 10 October 2013

Freddy - My Little Adventurer

Freddy is now my little schoolboy and takes a packed lunch everyday.  As part of his lunchbox, he has a Barny bear shaped sponge snack that has a hidden, chocolatey centre.  He loves them.  So much so that I stocked up with loads of multi-packs when they were on offer at our local supermarket.

When I saw Britmums were running a linky in conjunction with Barny about the adventures that our little ones enjoy, I just had to join in.  I wasn't quick enough to get a free sample, but as I had my stockpile, I wasn't too upset - after all we'd aready discovered the exciting world of Barny!

snack

Freddy is my Little Adventurer, a 4 year old on a mission to discover, explore and enjoy the environment around him.  He loves to climb on things, run through things, jump over things, swing on things, look at things and pick up things!

We are so lucky to have a local community farm just a few minutes away from our house.  There are some wonderful walks and discovery trails where he can explore the flora and fauna of the countryside.  He loves being with his family and going on an adventure.  He finds sticks that he pretends are wands and casts Harry Potter style spells on us all, turning us into frogs.  Then the stick becomes a pirate's sword for some swashbuckling action, while fallen logs become planks to walk.  He builds dens, goes on a 'bear hunt' or searches for Grufalo.  The trees are a magical woodland full of mystery and with his imagination anything is possible.

Barny

He fills his pockets with leaves, twigs, stones and flowers.  Sometimes I think he's starting his own mini-compost heap!  If I remember, pockets are emptied out and the bountiful contents are examined.  If I forget, the washing machine gets a few extra bits in the laundry.

Barny

I love to watch my Little Adventurer at play.  Packing an individually wrapped Barny and a drink in my bag for an emergency snack gives him the energy he needs to keep going on his exciting, outdoor adventures.


snacks, kids


This post is an entry for BritMums ‘Little AdventuresChallenge’ in partnership with Barny, the bear-shaped snack providing a little discovery in every bite. Find out more about Barny here” 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...