Google+

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Fifteen Years Ago Today

I've Been Married For 15 Years!

Fifteen years ago today I married my best friend, my soul mate and the love of my life.  We had a registrar's office ceremony followed by a reception in a lovely local hotel. 

 We did it all our way.  I wore DMs.  Our decor was burgundy, black and cream.  The children shared the top table with us.  Megan was just six and had a broken arm in a cast.  She held up a drawing of us that she had done (thankfully completed before breaking her arm!).  My niece sang "Beauty and the Beast".  Our son Joe, at age 9, was Ian's best man and delivered a moving best man's speech.  Ella was just a year old and a very cute little bridesmaid.  She shared the bridal suite four poster bed with us on our wedding night.   Attachment parenting trumps romance in our household!  We even went on honeymoon to the Alton Towers Hotel ...with the kids in tow!!


wedding, hotel, marriage
Newly Wed

wedding, family, marriage
When We Were Still A Family Of Five

Fifteen years on, I love Ian more than ever and we've added two more gorgeous children to our family. Whatever life throws at us, we always have each other.  I am the luckiest girl in the world.

Next month we will be having a second honeymoon at the Gilpin Hotel in the Lake District which I won in a competition.  The prize includes all the five star luxuries that we could never afford for ourselves...five course meal with matched wines, spa access, afternoon tea and Full English breakfast.  We're staying in an amazing suite overlooking a lake.  It will be our first kid-free break in years...I'm so nervous, but very excited!

 Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...