The Rules"Here's how to join in... simply write your own blog post answering the Olympic questions below and then tag other bloggers to join in and share their answers. Don't forget to share the love with links to the lovely bloggers you are tagging and back to me if you are feeling generous!"
So here goes...
1) If every day tasks were Olympic events what would you get a gold medal in?
Procrastination....ooh what's that on Twitter??
2) As a child (or now even) did you excel at a particular sport and if so which one?
I am the antithesis of someone who excels at sport. I was constantly stuck in goal on account of being the tallest girl in class. So whether it was netball or hockey I was the one responsible for allowing in all the goals as I stood there trying to look cool in my hideous green PE knickers. This was social suicide among the popular sporty girls. No wonder I never made the secondary school A List! (Well that and the fact I wore black lipstick and nail varnish and a punked up holey jumper!)
3) Michael Phelps (swimmer) or Michael Johnson (runner) - which sport appeals to you more?
I like Usain Bolt for his total fun loving attitude. I also love Oscar Pistorius who is the fastest man with no legs and who runs on blades....and I like the Paralympic swimming for amazing and inspiring me. It is just awe inspiring that people with no arms or no legs can swim! Neither Phelps or Johnson do much for me but I'd pick track over pool. (Unless Miss 'Pre-Teen' Bloggomy is competing of course!!)
4) How fast can you get out of bed and ready to go out the door if miss the alarm and sleep in?
I get up at 8am every school day giving me 25 minutes to get up and out. This is normal for me and just enough time to get me and Freddy up, washed and dressed and ready for the school run. Thankfully I have very independent girls and a helpful husband or I'd be stuck and have to get up earlier!
5) What fantasy sport would you like to see made into an Olympic event?
I would love to see the Bedroom Olympics (forgive me but this would make very interesting telly!)
6) Claim to fame time - Have you ever met an Olympian and who was it?
I once met Linford Christie at a nightclub opening. I had on very painful stilettos. I was unimpressed.
7) What event in past Olympics can you remember most vividly?
I remember the Seb Coe and Steve Ovett era with the Golden Mile and 1500m races. I also remember the Ben Johnson steroid fuelled disqualification which was the year that my first son was born.
8) Tuning in at home, not for me or tickets clamped ready in sweaty palms?
I will watch some of the highlights and the opening ceremony on TV . I do love watching exciting things like Usain Bolt's races and the men's 4 X 100m relay and I do enjoy the inspirational Paralympics...but as for the volleyball, equestrian, cycling, diving, sychronized swimming, long distance races, soccer, hockey and basically any women's sports etc. I can totally leave it! But I might get sucked into the Olympic mania and end up glued to the screen waving my Team GB flag!
9) Who do you think most deserves a gold medal (any walk of life not just Olympians)
I would get a giant gold medal to go around my entire family. They keep me sane, grounded, happy and provide me with endless pride, love and joy. Team McDonald for the win!!
Tag away and carry the meme on like an Olympic torch!!